What Would Buffy Do?

by Michelle on March 7, 2013

I need motivation.

I need goals.

I’ve learned that setting goals that have to do with weighing a certain amount by a certain date is frustrating because I usually set some really fucked up goals. I’ve learned it’s best to set goals like…’I will have reached a milestone when I don’t have to shop at the fat girl store anymore’.

I was so excited when I reached that goal afterI lost weight in 2011.

I’ve been shopping at the fat girl store again for months now. Once again, this is my first goal. Goal number two: I want to wear a belt. I want to tuck in my shirt. I don’t care if it’s fashionable or not…I just want to be able to tuck in my shirt AND feel good about it. I might even get myself a big ass gaudy belt buckle.

I wear a LOT of tunics.    belt buckle

My cardio goal? Buffy Summers is kicking my ass.

This is my goal. I will get on my treadmill at least 5 nights a week. I started the ‘Buffy Plan’ last week.  Night one, I watched episode one of season one of Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

I’m surprised hubs hasn’t given me truck loads of shit for doing this. It’s possible that I’ve watched the entire series more than once. Maybe more than twice.

Fine 3 times.

It’s comforting. I know the people. Also, if I blend in the Angel series, at the beginning of season 3, by the time I’m finished with both series…I WILL BE AMAZING.

The point is, I can’t be the only one who needs something to focus on. This is my goal. I am going to run to seven seasons of Buffy and 5 seasons of Angel.

By the time I’m finished, at the very LEAST, I’ll be able to run a 5K and it’s quite possible I’ll pick up some bad ass martial arts skills.

Although if THAT were going to happen, then I probably would have picked it up the first three times I watched the series.

Tonight? I watched the Hyena episode. Episode 7. I ran 15 of the 43 minutes. I feel very good about this.

What quirky things to do you do motivate yourself. Seriously, I need to know. I can’t be the only 50 year old dweeb out there.

Right?

Veronica B. March 7, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I’ve been doing my long trainer rides to Battlestar Gallactica, so I feel you sister.

Michelle March 7, 2013 at 9:48 pm

YAY!! And that is EVERY BIT as geeky as Buffy. :)

SOB March 7, 2013 at 9:55 pm

I try to count calories with an off day during the week. I lost 5 pounds and hope to lose another, then another, then… You get the point. I’ve dropped sugar from my diet. I think that helps. Nothing quirky or inspiring, just slow as I go. I hope it works.

Michelle March 7, 2013 at 10:27 pm

I’m sure it will!

I cut sugar as well…it’s not easy

Jeremy Logsdon March 8, 2013 at 12:31 am

Not that I wasn’t already reading you before, but I am now super reading you and as a fellow Scooby, I love this idea!

And not that you didn’t already know this, but Angel started with season four. :)

Michelle March 8, 2013 at 7:26 am

Nice catch!

I’m glad you’re a super reader!! And nice catch…season 3 ends and Angel begins…of course I know this…damn.

Tara Burner March 8, 2013 at 8:28 am

luv it and ya know my show of inspiration is Supernatural
i’ve only seen each season on netflix at least 5 times! lol
go kick some ass girl!

Yum Yucky March 8, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Meh. Wish I had a treadmill. I’d be following in your treadsteps fo-sho. Go get ‘em, girlfriend.

Ara March 9, 2013 at 12:03 am

I’m right there with you. I think we all struggle somehow. My struggle is getting up in the morning to workout. Monday, Wednesday & Friday, my workouts consist of swimming and running. I’m usually too lazy to get out of bed in the morning so I end up doing my swimming and running at night. It’s getting to be TOO much. So…I have to bribe myself to get up & get my workout done in the morning. Lol. This week I met my goal. I got up each morning I was supposed to & got my swim in. So, I get to buy myself a cute pair of shoes for work! Yay! You have to do whatever works for you. You’re going to do great!

Carin March 13, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Mike is currently watching Buffy again. We’ve seen this entire series more times than I can count. I do wish now we owned a treadmill cause I love the idea of running while watching television. I always have to do something else other than watching. I usually use my tv time to peel and chop veggies. We also have no room in our condo for a treadmill…which makes me sad

ragemichelle March 13, 2013 at 1:10 pm

I do love the treadmill. It dominates the family room though. All that is in there is a TV the treadmill and some junk.

Val March 20, 2013 at 5:23 pm

We are Dexter fans in my household (well, 2 of us are anyway – hubby travels a lot!)… Recently my son has started watching back episodes of “Burn Notice” but something about that arrogant prick rubs me the wrong way (reminds me too much of Ex ;-)

Val March 20, 2013 at 5:25 pm

I used to pound the treadmill to classic Star Trek… I can recite most episodes chapter & verse – geek out!