Just Hear Me Out

by Michelle on January 12, 2013

Yes, I am going to talk about manners.

I am foul mouthed and very impatient and I am capable of extreme rudeness. I have been extremely rude. I can’t recall a time when I didn’t feel at least a LITTLE bad about exhibiting rude behavior.

We get to decide to be polite every day. It’s like me starting over healthwise. I’m not happy that I have to start over, but at least that’s an option.

That being said, some of you motherfuckers are RUDE.

Not any of YOU reading..you guys are awesome. It’s those other guys.

Someone was rude to me on Twitter. I am NOT complaining about this. Honestly, me being me, I thought it would happen a LOT more often. This one was really stupid though. I posted an article about genetic modification to which someone replied: Don’t worry YOU obama drones are already brain dead!!

HAHAHAHA. Why? No fucking clue. How one can surmise I am an Obama supporter from an article about genetic modification is beyond my comprehension. Maybe because it involves that spooky science shit.

Point being, that was just rude. You can disagree with my politics, that’s fine. I might even discuss it with you..but not likely..it’s been my experience that such conversations don’t go well and there doesn’t seem to be a good reason to engage.

Being respectful is important. And even if you CAN’T respect someone else’s views, at the very least respect the social importance of respecting civility.

I am not excluding myself from this. My lack of patience is the backbone of my rude behavior. So maybe..just MAYBE, I will start politely asking people in the grocery store who are blocking the whole motherfucking aisle to move so I can get by instead of ramming their cart with my cart.  But really..they started it..right? RIGHT?cart

We’ve just become so unfriendly.

I am going to do my best to change my behavior. I’m not saying I’m going to be a door mat or get pushed around. I would never recommend doing that and I’ve TRIED living like that in the past and it just doesn’t sit well with me. However, I am going to attempt to be more polite.

Well, I’ll do my best being a brain dead person and all.

Hubs January 12, 2013 at 9:20 am

Hmmm…rude, unfriendly, civility…you sound worn out.

Michelle January 12, 2013 at 10:03 am

I might me a little worn out..

Lisa @ RunWiki January 12, 2013 at 9:46 am

I would much prefer someone be “rude” to me than be unknowingly bothering someone. For example, let’s say I was in an elevator, stepping on someone’s foot and unaware, I would rather someone say, “get the fuck off my foot” than sit there wincing in pain. I think it’s about being honest, and I for one, appreciate that. In my opinion, the time to be polite or not even polite but rather compassionate, is when it has to do with someone’s character, with the exception of ax murders, child molester’s, rapist etc. approaching someone with honesty and compassion is often times more effective than being rude even if you feel like tearing their eyeballs out. I love following you on Twitter, you have many times turned my bad day into good from your raw and direct sense of humor. You’re doing good in this world, making many people laugh. Sorry someone was rude to you.

Michelle January 12, 2013 at 10:02 am

All very good points. And I agree, I am ALL FOR directness. It makes life so much easier if people say what they think and get to the damn point.

And thank you! You have no idea how much I appreciate your kind comments. As far as the rude person..I have think skin..and I DO have him to thank for the inspiration for this blog post. I was kinda strugging for material

Carin January 12, 2013 at 11:27 am

You didn’t realize that all us brain dead Obama supporters believe in GMO’s, Global Warming, healthy eating and exercise.

The ones with active brain cells all know crops made by chemical companies are awesome. Global Warming is the liberal agenda to avoid what’s really happening “God seeking revenge on us for women wearing pants, people who eat shell fish and gay people.” Who needs to eat fruit and veggies? They grow out of the ground which is dirty and therefore not healthy.

I find if I just say something nice (asking how the cashier’s day is going instead of just saying mine is fine when they ask) it goes a long way and I wonder, how many other people ask them?

Michelle January 13, 2013 at 10:34 am

Hubs is really good about that. He’s always very polite and engaging with people in the service industry. He LOOKS like he is less friendly than me..but honestly, he’s quite a bit friendlier than I am.

Claudia January 21, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Yes people are very rude and unkind. We are safest from most people in the world in the U.S. except among each other.