I Swear, I Am NEVER DRINKING AGAIN

by Michelle on December 31, 2012

Since we’ve all said this from time to time (And by all of us, I mean me) I thought it would be a nice public service to offer up some hangover cures as tonight is the drinkiest night of the year.

I’ve decided that since it’s the last day of the year, I’m going to be a lazy bitch and get other people to write this post for me. I sent out a shout to all my Twitter people to get their hangover cures.

First of all, let me point out that I am NOT a doctor…in case you wondered… and for all I know these crazy motherfuckers who are giving hangover cure advice may do you more harm than good…so be warned. Cure at your own risk:    hangover

One of my favorite and most fuzzy pseudo kids offers this bit of advice: Drink 8 oz of Gatorade or similar drink before bed and then again upon rising. When you DO get up, do yourself a favor and check out the beer blog he writes.

@SumReesesPieces:  Sleep, veggies and dip, self-molestation, water, lemon-lime soda, burritos, pain reliever, and popsicles (all day).

@NJCondon: Four Advil, a glass of water, a can of Coke Zero, and a pile of greasy pig-based breakfast meat.

@ClarkBar72: we call it 2nd dinner, eating greasy food at 2am.

@PlanetBratfink: It’s been so long since I’ve been hungover… but I DO remember that Vicodin work well!

@Twinklyboo: Drink plenty of water before you go out. Paracetamol and orange juice the next morning.

I have no idea what Paracetamol is. You’ll have to look that one up yourself…

@GavinProbably:  stupid amount of Mexican food and and a Bloody Mary.

I am personally a big fan of the Bloody Mary cure.

@LuluFires: coke & fries from mickey d’s :-) .

@jc_maillet: I pop 4 extra strength Advils drink water and pass out.

@Runs4Coffee:  Simplest hangover cure is don’t stop drinking. Comatose is a cure right?

@lynchleaf: If you aren’t too drunk to remember: drink large amounts of water before passing out. You can do this upon waking, as well.

@pjsimmers A.K.A. Favorite Son-In-Law:  I have a friend who swears by B12 for a hangover cure.

@TeriBussart:  staying on an even keel of drunkenness works for me! Happy New Year! :)

@Dolphyngyrl: Drink @nuunhydration and eat a banana before going to bed. Super effective.

@LisaEirene: steam room at gym. Orange juice & cream of wheat. Lots of Aleve.

@causticfly: no matter how bad it is an hour spinning class will get rid of it. The key is being able to get on the bike and not puke.

Okay..there you have it…Follow ALL OF THESE and you’ll either be cured or dead. Either way? No more pain. :)

I hope your 2013 is filled with fluffy bunnies, cotton candy and multiple orgasms!

Carin December 31, 2012 at 12:39 pm

I don’t drink at all. Therefore not needing a cure for anything :)

Michelle December 31, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I won’t be drinking at all tonite..stomach is all jacked up..just he THOUGHT of booze makes me want to projectile vomit.

Lisa December 31, 2012 at 12:40 pm

My ritual: a TON of water, 2 aleve, cream of wheat with honey for breakfast, orange juice and then off to the gym to sweat it out. Usually a mild workout helps. The pool isn’t a good choice because sometimes I feel nauseated and water is not a good thing. :)

Michelle December 31, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Yeah, I can see that. I remember taking my little one to the wave pool when I was hung over….not relaxing. Nope..not at all…

Sue January 1, 2013 at 3:24 am

Asparagus before, after, or both! It comes out with the asparagus pee!

Sue January 1, 2013 at 3:25 am

Oh, there’s also medical evidence that it works…

Michelle January 1, 2013 at 8:45 am

Nice!!! And I love asparagus. If I can ever drink again without getting ill…I’m going to try this one..

Melissa January 1, 2013 at 10:23 am

Let me tell you what doesn’t help… A toddler bouncing all over you and the bed in his 8am “woohoo I am awake and love everything” hysteria.

Yes, this is currently happening at my house.

Also, paracetamol is the Tylenol of the Brits :)

Michelle January 1, 2013 at 10:27 am

Yeah…toddlers have a knack for that, don’t they? I hope you feel better soon!!

Deb January 2, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I rarely drink and I’ve only been drunk for an extremely short period of time maybe 3 times in the last 4 years. No hangovers for me any more!

My personal fave when I did drink though was to sleep it off… for as long as it took!

Justin Wayne January 4, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Paracetamol = British for TYLENOL. I also can’t imagine getting on a spinning bike hung over, as both getting on a bike and not puking would appear in my “things I would never do in a million years hung over” list. However, I would recommend a greasy breakfast or some food before going to bed – certainly not good for losing weight but helps soak up the horrid poison in the stomach.

Michelle January 4, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Yeah..I’m pretty sure spinning while hungover would be on a similar list of mine..