And We Saved The Best For Last

by Michelle on October 9, 2012

We made it through all the deadly sins. I love this one. If I’m going to commit a deadly…then this is the one that will send me straight to hell.

I can’t see the word ‘gluttonous’ without thinking about going to vocational school a billion years ago. I went to vocational school to learn how to become a computer programmer way back in 1983. I WANTED to take the cosmetology course and be a hairdresser. The class was filled by the time I registered..and NO ONE was taking data processing.

This is where we find ourselves 30 years later. Watching Netflix® and writing a blog post about

Gluttony

The word from vocational school all those years ago isn’t even gluttonous, it’s gelatinous. For some reason, my brain seems to process them exactly the same, so they are the same word. Kind of like women named Janet or Karen have the exact same name in my more than likely damaged brain.

So, yeah, there is no real need for me to talk about gluttony being a bad thing, right? Or that getting stressed out and stuffing yourself with cheap noodles and ice cream sandwiches isn’t going to solve any of your problems. I’m going to assume that we are all on the same page here.

Instead…let’s talk about how we like to indulge.

I’m hosting the family Thanksgiving dinner this year. As much as it makes me crazy to cook for all those people, I love it just the same. You know why?

Because turkey and dressing and mashed potatoes and gravy is the best comfort food on the planet.

I make the dinner and hubs makes the desserts.

He makes bread pudding out of Krispy Kreme® donuts. And brownies that have Oreos® and chocolate chip cookie dough in them. Slutty brownies. What’s not to love about a dessert with the word ‘slut’ in it?  You KNOW that shit is going to be good.

What’s your favorite indulgence? Also, send me your favorite Thanksgiving recipe. I’d like to change it up a little this year. If you share, I’ll send you the slutty brownie recipe. You KNOW you want it.

Why does gelatinous remind me of vocational school?  Someone wrote a program that was a lame ass role playing game. When I SHOULD have been doing my work in class, I would play the game instead. The game would ask you question and you would answer and depending on your answer, you receive or lose points. One of the questions was this: You are being attacked by a gelatinous mass. Do you run away or fight?

And I wonder why my kids are dweebs.

Ara October 10, 2012 at 1:07 am

I LOVE Thanksgiving, but I try SO hard not to overdo it. I wanna come to Thanksgiving at your house though. It sounds SO incredibly good. Especially the slutty brownies. One of my favorite dishes to have at Thanksgiving though is candied yams!!! I make them the easy way though. I get the canned yams, pour them in to a baking dish, cover them generously with brown sugar and then top them with marshmallows. Cook them until the marshmallows are brown & everything is bubbly. Divine!

Michelle October 10, 2012 at 10:10 am

ohh..hubs does the sweet potatoes as well. He uses brown sugar, pecans, vanilla and a shit load of butter. They are awesome…

Ara October 10, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Ooooh, I’ve never thought of adding pecans. That sounds super good. I’ll have to add pecans this year!

Leanne October 10, 2012 at 7:32 am

I love Thanksgiving :) ! Being Canadian, our Thanksgiving was this past weekend and as usualy, there was way too much food. My family and I do like a pot luck type supper, I did ham, turkey, mashed sweet potatoes, and parsnips with the rest of the girls doing potatoes and other various veggies. My oldest brother’s wife and I baked an apple pie, blueberry pie and a pumpkin pie. My youngest brother’s girlfriend made homemade perogies and a pumpkin square dessert that was to die for. It was an awesome day! I didn’t get around to it, but this is one of a few things that I like to make either at Thanksgiving or Christmas. Hope you enjoy!

Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie

1 graham wafer or cooked pie crust. Mix chocolate instant pudding according to package instructions. Beat in 8 oz. pkg. of Philadelphia cream cheese. Using either dream whip or a tub of cool whip, beat 1/2 in the pudding and cream cheese and save half to put on top. Refridgerate.

Michelle October 10, 2012 at 8:47 am

That sounds easy AND delicious!!! I’ll post my slutty brownie recipe soon. When I say MY recipe, it’s really hubs recipe…but I’ll take credit.

Lisa October 10, 2012 at 11:13 am

Gluttony…..mmmmmmm my days of gluttony are far behind me now. I usually stop before I feel completely gross. But back in the day my favorite binges were pizza (the entire pie) and ice cream.

Michelle October 10, 2012 at 7:38 pm

I don’t deny myself when I want something, but I’m with you..stopping before you feel gross is a good thing. I just keep things in moderation.

Except Thanksgiving food. I will be uncomfortably full that day.

Carin October 12, 2012 at 11:19 am

I am going to make your slutty brownies this weekend to give them a try. I would love the krispy kreme bread pudding.

For the slutty brownies, I will swap all trader joe’s ingredients just so I feel better about eating that much sugar. :o )

Ragemichelle October 12, 2012 at 1:19 pm

I will get the bread pudding recipe to you.

Carin October 12, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Ok brownies are busy. Good but you have to be prepared for the party that is going to happen in your mouth.