Five Steps To Becoming Fucking FABULOUS!

by Michelle on March 22, 2012

Why yes, I AM qualified to school you on how to be fabulous, as I myself, am fucking FABULOUS.

I’ll give you a freebie. There’s one right there. Believe you ARE fabulous, and POOF..it happens. It’s just like magic!

Now, for those of you who need a little more nudging towards fabulosity, here are some easy steps to follow…then YOU TOO can be fucktastically FABULOUS.

1. Be kind. Okay…before ANYONE points out that I’m kind of a crabby girl, let me point out that kindness and crabbiness are NOT mutually exclusive. Being kind does NOT have to mean getting walked on or giving in or giving up. Being kind means being honest (but not cruel…there is a big fat fucking WORLD of difference between honesty and cruelty).  Being kind means treating each other with decency and respect…well, until they’ve proven they don’t deserve it. Being kind means not judging each other. Unless you live in another person’s head, you have NO IDEA what their life is. Don’t judge. It’s petty and it’s NOT kind and it’s miles away from being fucking fabulous. In short: don’t be a dick.

2. Ditch the fear. Think about your life for just a minute. How much do you hold back because you’re afraid? We all do it to some degree. That whole ‘No Fear’ campaign…was it Nike? I don’t remember for sure…but it was pretty stupid. Fear isn’t always a bad thing. If we truly had NO FEAR, then we sure as fuck wouldn’t have any overpopulation problems. That being said, how much do you let fear hold you back? This is one I have to work on every day. Writing this blog has helped tremendously. Should I say THAT? Won’t that offend some people? What will people think of me if I say THIS?  HAHAHA…I LOVE saying what I think. Honestly though, I don’t ALWAYS write EVERYTHING I want to write. If I did that I’d probably get locked up.

3. Wave your freak flag. We aren’t SUPPOSED to be all alike. Don’t hide that light, sweetness. I’m not saying that you should wear a live cat as a hat or anything…because that goes from waving your freak flag to..well…just don’t do it. But that doesn’t mean you can’t stand out. Voice your opinion…even if it’s NOT popular with the other soccer moms. Hell..ESPECIALLY if it’s not popular with the other soccer moms. What I’m saying is, you don’t always have to blend. Be yourself. Show your colors. Oh..and I was serious about the cat. Don’t do that.

4. Pamper yourself. How can you be fabulous if you aren’t willing to spend a little time and effort on YOU? We all need some pampering. I don’t know about you? But I don’t wait for someone to do that FOR me. Who is better at deciding what the best pampering is for me other than me? If I want a pedicure and the budget allows, I go and get a fucking pediure. Or a facial..and a massage. Fucking hell…I need a spa day. And if you can’t afford a spa day..the internet is your friend..you can find all kinds of cheap ways to pamper yourself. Hell..spending some quiet time with a book may be exactly what you need.

5. Be honest with yourself. If you are like me and you’re working toward transforming yourself into a healthier and slimmer person..be honest with yourself. Are you REALLY doing what’s in your best interest? Is your diet REALLY healthy? Even most of the time? Are you slacking off of exercise more often than not? I’m not going to say those aren’t valid choices..fabulous comes in all packages. But if you WANT change, be honest with yourself about your habits. And if you’re NOT being honest, then decide you are going to make the changes that need to be made.

There you go…steps to becoming FUCKING FABULOUS.

So..tell me..how are YOU fabulous? Because I just have these five things. I’d like to become even MORE fabulous. Help a sister out, okay?

Joanna March 22, 2012 at 7:38 pm

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THESE!!! I also like to use: Don’t worry what others think of you.

I know I’ve been guilty about worrying what others think of how I look – then, I just realized as long as I’m happy with what I’m wearing, then it doesn’t matter what the hell others may think of me. I know I won’t end up on that Wal-Mart photo site..and that’s all that I care about. LOL

Michelle March 22, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Yeah…staying off the people of Walmart site is a goal for all of us! Your advice reminds me of what my mother says..your opinion of me is none of my business..

Kristen @SEO Runner March 28, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Oh man. If my mother had been of that mindset I’d probably be someone else completely…

Also, good goal. Stay off that site.

Carilyn Johnson (@CarilynJohnson) March 22, 2012 at 9:06 pm

That was a fantastic post! Love it! I tend to “overshare,” much to the chagrin of teen sons, but it is what it is. It took me a long time to be okay with life decisions – quitting practicing law to be an athlete (you’d think I was drowning puppies for a living), but now I can’t hold back…unfortunately sometimes :)

As I said to you last time, I love your blog, your sense of humor, your honesty.

Michelle March 22, 2012 at 9:09 pm

THANK YOU! and wow..that is quite a change. You definitely have the ‘fear’ thing licked. That’s awesome! And sons are great, aren’t they? I have two. My baby will be 14 soon. Waaaaah…

Jackie [Hot at Home] March 23, 2012 at 1:03 am

Auntie Jackie LIKES me some #5!!

:-)

’nuff said.
xo
J

ragemichelle March 23, 2012 at 7:17 am

Yeah, that’s a biggie..and really easy to slip in to

Lisa March 23, 2012 at 6:28 am

The absolute BEST advice ever given. YOU ARE AWESOME! Everyone in the world needs to read this.
I do however need an edited version to post on my bathroom mirror or the elementary school and my ex-husband will be calling me for sure.
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ragemichelle March 23, 2012 at 7:18 am

I scrubbed my ten commandments for you, right? I’ll get you an edited version. :)

Kris @Krazy_Kris March 23, 2012 at 10:44 am

Ahhhh – so today I will be FABULOUS regardless of the ridiculous amount of demands that have me thinking about diving out the second story window (JK).
And I will be kind – even though I don’t feel like it….

ragemichelle March 23, 2012 at 10:50 am

You, my dear, are completely FABULOUS!

Ara March 26, 2012 at 12:01 am

I LOVE this. I SO needed to hear this. Sadly, I’m one of those people that is always concerned of what people think of me. I can pinpoint why to a certain extent, but other than that, I don’t know. I wish it didn’t bother me what people think of me. I’m going to remember all of these 5 things listed & really take them to heart. Thanks Michelle!

ragemichelle March 26, 2012 at 6:36 am

I hope that you can stop letting it bother you. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t care a LITTLE….but loads less than I used to.

Their standards are theirs, not yours…and if you feel judged, then that’s exaclty when you tell that person to fuck off..even if it’s just to yourself.

Kristen @SEO Runner March 28, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Wow, being kind – even when you don’t feel like it – is one I’m fighting right now. With court and frivolous law suits.

I kind of want to kick it in the balls, hard, and just once. I think I could be kind right after that.

Then again, being fabulous is more exciting than one-time ball kicking.

ragemichelle March 28, 2012 at 5:47 pm

I meant in GENERAL. Ball kicking is sometimes necessary!