Quick! Name Five Things…

by Michelle on February 28, 2012

That you like about your appearance.

Why am I doing this? Well, because I spend a LOT of time running myself down. I am hyper-critical of my own appearance and since I’ve gained back a large chunk of my weight, I’m hyper-critical in over drive. Hyper-critical Over Drive. Shitty attitude..it would make a better cover band name.

I thought about writing a blog post all day long. If I had written what I THOUGHT about writing, you would be sitting there, wasting your fucking time, listening to me whine about accountability.

Sure, I have to be accountable. But I don’t have to fucking whine about it.

While I was forcing my big bad self to walk 45 minutes on the treadmill I thought that one of the things I could really do to help myself is to be a bit nicer to me.

I know I’m not alone, we’re good at running ourselves down. So, don’t think about it much, just tell me five things you like about your appearance. Not about yourself…how you’re a people person or you’re really good at crossword puzzles. I want to hear things you like about the way you look.

Here’s my list:

My feet. I fucking LOVE my feet. They are long and narrow with a nice high arch. I love getting pedicures. I LOVE wearing sandals. Sure, my heels tend to be a little cracked and ashy, but I don’t spend any time worrying about my fucking heels. The total package? Gorgeous.

My Funny Looking Nose. It’s largish and has a little ball on the end of it, with a cleft. Seriously, it’s an odd nose. I broke it when I was four years old and for most of my life, my funny looking nose hooked slightly to the left. I finally had to have that fixed due to chronic sinus infections. The surgeon met with me beforehand and told me that he’d be happy to ‘improve the appearance’ of my nose while he was straightening it out. I don’t recall being overly OFFENDED by his kind offer, however, I did decide in that moment that I didn’t WANT to change the look of my nose. It’s my fucking nose. I’ll keep it just the way it is.

The Scar On My Forehead. I had a scar WAAAAAY before Harry Potter had his. And mine DOES act up sometimes. I’m pretty sure it itches at work because the guy in the cubicle next to me is likely the anti-christ. I feel the sameĀ about my scar that I feel about my nose. It’s mine. It’s part of my face. I broke my nose when I was four years old and I gashed my forehead open when I was five. I recently went to a makeup event at my hair salon. The makeup artist was going to spackle up my scar. She had a GREAT product that filled in holes and gaps and crevices that are clearly not meant to be there. I told her to leave it alone. I like my scar.

My Tattoos. Okay, this borders on not counting. But, as this is my fucking blog, I can break any rule I want. Fucking hell…I just got a chill at the sheer power. HAHAHA. I have 3 tattoos and have thought about getting another one one day. Maybe I will. My mother is HORRIFIED by my tattoos. After I got the first one, she hummed circus music every time she talked to me. For MONTHS. She’s very funny, my mother… I gotĀ  my first one at age 33 and the last one 4 years ago. I’m not close to being tired of them.

My Eyes. Mostly. Okay, when I’m tired and they are red and baggy, I am not as enamored with them, but usually? I have nice eyes. I spend every morning planning out the eyeshadow and the liner and the thickness of my mascara and when I’m done? I am ALWAYS happy with the way they look. I will even go out on a limb and say that they are pretty.

That very well may be the first time I’ve referred to myself as pretty in my entire life.

And I wrote it down.

Okay, if I can do this, so can you. Tell me how pretty you are. Tell me what you appreciate yourself.

DyslexicSquirel February 28, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Despite the fact that I’m having a rather “ugly day” thanks to waking up late, I can say that more often than not, I love my:

hair: I use to hate my hair. Thought the color was ugly because it was brown and my mom and my sister had blonde hair. I dyed it red all through high school until I got tired of it sometime after graduation and when it grew in I realized… Hey, my hair is kind of pretty.

my eyes: They’re brown but not just a plain brown. They have a golden tinge and a dark outer ring and I have eye lashes like a cow! Plus they never gain weight, so what’s not to love?

my cheekbones: They can cut butter. Do I need another reason?

my neck: It’s tiny. Unlike the rest of me.

And, last but in no way least, my butt. Oh my butt. Ive had a struggle with this particular part of my anatomy for longer than I can remember. But I have since come to appreciate my larger than life butt.

Michelle February 28, 2012 at 9:40 pm

I LOVE THIS LIST!!!!

DyslexicSquirel February 29, 2012 at 8:33 am

WHY THANK YOU. : D

DyslexicSquirel February 29, 2012 at 4:58 pm

OKAY ADENDUM TO THE PART ABOUT MY BUTT… Wow, that sounded funny. >_> Anyway, it’s so big it makes my waist look tiny-ish. Defined anyway.

And before my lips get pissed and try to leave my face, I love them, too. They’re full and have a cupid’s bow. So they’re perfect hahaha

DorindaHMA March 1, 2012 at 12:37 am

I love this idea!!!
I was surprised I came up with 5 so easily, but here goes:
1. My long legs
2. I like my blue eyes, they look especially good when I have the time to do them up.
3. I love my hair, it’s thick and very soft.
4. I have really nice hands & fingernails.
5. I have nice full lips.

boxfiddler February 28, 2012 at 9:42 pm

I’m tall(ish), so I can wear long, flowy dresses. I LOVE long, flowy dresses.

I’m small-breasted, so all the titty-fruits leave me alone.

I like the color of my eyes. They’re hazel. But not brownish hazel. Blue-green hazel. They look all kinds of awesome colors depending on what color I wear.

I have a nice butt. Someone once called it an ‘insolent butt’.

My shoulders are broad. This is a pita when buying clothes, but makes me look curvier.

Five years ago, I would have spent hours anguishing over why I couldn’t find five things to like about my appearance. :)

Michelle February 28, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Just gawjus!!

OldDogNewTits February 28, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Fine. I’m having the same kind of day so I’ll bite. I could use the shot in the arm, too.

(1) My smile – It totally changes my face. Straight men, gay men, even women always compliment my photogenic-ness. (They don’t know I delete all the shitty pictures.)

(2) My feet – Just like you, I know. Hate to copy. But they’re small, Barbie-shaped (as in the perpetual high-heel position) and, when pedi-ed, they’re just fabulous.. And they ALWAYS fit in whatever I’m trying on them.

(3) My skin – It’s been pretty clear and cooperative my whole life. Thanks for that, gods of epidermia.

Okay, now this getting harder …

(4) Um, maybe my hair? – Except that I HATE that it’s wavy and I flatiron it EVERY DAY. Still, when coiffed professionally, that shit looks good. So, I guess I have good raw materials.

Wow. I honestly have no idea what to say next. My ass recently scored me a plate of chicken. But, seriously, I HATE my ass. So, no to that one. … Okay, okay, how about this one?

(5) My apparently small waist – I personally don’t think it’s that small and think it only looks that way in compassion to my ass … but I can often fit into a smaller skirt (not pants, that’s ass territory!) than some of my friends.

Wow. So, I actually sort of (with minimal bitching and cheating) came up with five. Thanks, girlfriend, for the therapy.

Michelle February 29, 2012 at 6:58 am

This is a great list!! It’s really hard to say nice things about yourself, isn’t it? I think it should be easier..we deserve it.

DyslexicSquirel February 29, 2012 at 8:38 am

I didn’t even think about that! I appreciate my ass and hips for how small they make me waist look sometimes. Can I add an addendum to my list!? lol

ragemichelle February 29, 2012 at 9:36 am

YES! You can add as many things as you want!

Jess February 28, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Five things?! Maybe I should wait til Friday when I’m good and toasted… But I’ll try.

1) My Hair. It’s shiny and after years of fighting it, I realize I have fantastic natural curl, but with the help of a straightener, can also rock fabulous straight hair.
2) My smile. I got $25 worth of free beef jerky once for flashing that sexy curve.
3) My eyes. They’re simply mesmerizing. Also, I have this scar in my forehead/eyebrow from a metal door when I was 8. I guess that could be what most people are looking at, but I’ll take those intense looks and twist their meaning any way I want.
4) …Shit… This is hard and now I feel shitty and thinking about the negative. .. Well.. Okay. There’s … Do you hear those crickets? I really hate failing. Dammit. GOT ONE! I love my ankles! I have the sexiest ankles ever. I think that’s why I’m a bit sluggish on the losing weight part because without all that weight to exercise my ankles, they might not be so damn sexy.
5) My jawline and cheekbones. Even when I feel timid and fearful, those bad boys don’t show it. Instead, I look ambitious and strong and courageous. And a little bitchy.
Thanks for the positive thinking, *totally* (hahaha) needed that!

Michelle February 29, 2012 at 6:57 am

YAY for positive thinking, you stunning woman, you! So glad to hear from you! We’ll get toasted together/apart on Friday. Then we’ll expand our lists!

Joanna February 29, 2012 at 7:55 am

LOVE THIS!!

1) My eyes. They are almost black, and I love them! Some people find brown eyes boring – but I find my beautiful.

2) The skin on my face. I’ve never suffered with acne or pimples. I have soft, beautiful skin on my face – and I love it!

3) My ears. My oldest daughter sometimes makes fun of me because my ears are so tiny. I have mini-ears. But they are proportioned to my face perfectly – and I love having little ears.

4) The stretch marks on my stomach. This is kind of similar to your scar and nose. I love my stretch marks – regardless of how unattractive they are – because they are my warrior stripes. I earned them carrying 3 extremely large babies -and I wouldn’t trade them in for anything.

5) My lips. They are pouty but not too pouty. They look great with or without lipstick. They are kissable. I love them.

Thanks for this!!

Michelle February 29, 2012 at 8:06 am

I am so digging these comments. I LOVE your list..and it’s made me appreciate my lips more, I have nice lips..

OldDogNewTits February 29, 2012 at 10:33 am

The chicken-scoring ass thing occurred last fall. Was out with two girlfriends and it suddenly showed up at the bar next to us. We had no idea why until its sender came over and explained. I chalked it up to good jeans (not genes) but maybe I should give my butt a little of the credit. :)

ragemichelle February 29, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I have NEVER gotten free chicken…I believe you are in quite the exclusive group…

Lisa February 29, 2012 at 11:54 am

Wow, 5 things? I’m truly mean to me so this is difficult.

1. I like my smile. It makes people feel better and even though it sometimes attracts weirdos, it’s my best feature.

2. I like the top row of my teeth. They’re (mostly) straight and white-ish so I don’t think twice about smiling.

3. I like my new fingernails! I’ve bitten my nails since I could put them in my mouth but I finally quit.

4. I like my hair, even though it’s betraying me a bit by getting a bit dull and a lot grey. At least it’s silver-grey and not yellow-ish grey! I won’t say who, but that yellowish-grey has been seen in my maternal line of heredity. (NOT my Mom)

5. I like my lips. On the Today show yesterday, tv anchor Kyle Dyer (she) talked about getting bit in the face by a mastiff. She lost that little “dip” place under her nose that I now now is called “cupid-something” and I’m happy that I still have mine. (http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_20060836)

Thanks for doing this, my sister!I feel better about myself already. :-) You rock.

ragemichelle February 29, 2012 at 2:09 pm

YAY!!! And your smile is stunning!

Carin February 29, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Thanks for pointing out the nose. I too have a crooked nose due to breaking it at age 4. I’ve always wanted it fixed since age 15 anyway….but I never get sinus infections so insurance won’t cover it. I accept my nose, however I don’t take pictures still and most likely won’t. But thanks for allowing me a moment to know, it’s not as bad as I think it is.

Michelle February 29, 2012 at 2:24 pm

You broke your nose at the same age as me? Were YOU jumping off a baby bed onto a big bed, then miss and smash your face into a dresser too???

And I’m sure your nose is lovely. It’s YOURS. The shaved down fake ones are no where NEAR as good as ours..even with the wear and tear

Carin February 29, 2012 at 8:45 pm

I was on a big bed in a hotel. My family were coming back from Disney World and I was jumping and went to belly flop and hit my nose on the head board.

ragemichelle February 29, 2012 at 8:50 pm

So it was bed related…yeah..beds and 4 year olds just don’t mix..

Carin March 1, 2012 at 3:52 pm

To this day, I can’t sleep in a bed with a head board.

ragemichelle March 1, 2012 at 3:54 pm

We need one..apparently we have pointy heads and have scratched up the paint on the bedroom wall..

Lisa February 29, 2012 at 2:42 pm

This is great! I don’t do it enough either and often tear myself down! Here’s my list:
1 – My hair. It’s thick and curly and I always get compliments.
2 – My big shoulders. I earned them from years of swimming!
3 – My smile. When I’m not grumpy because of my job, I do have a good smile. ;)
4 – Dang it’s getting harder……..um, my hands. They are dainty.
5 – My tattoos. They all tell a story.

ragemichelle February 29, 2012 at 3:14 pm

It’s not easy. I was uncomfortable with it at first..but now, I’m good with it.

Yeah, my tattoos all have a very deep and personal meaning to me. I love them.

Kristen @SEO Runner February 29, 2012 at 2:55 pm

This is great and I’m going to do mine before reading everyone else’s, or else I’ll steal ‘em.

1. My calves – fucking AWESOME in heels. Yes, I check them out when I walk past the office building.
2. My eyebrow scar – I got it trying to be heroic when I was 5-ish by “saving” my cat from a stray that walked in the open door. She, however, didn’t agree with my methods. I bled all over the house (face wound). I own this scar.
3. My hair – with all it’s cowlicks and not quite straight, not quite wavy-ness and all the colors I’ve applied, it has a mind of it’s own. We’ve fought for years, YEARS. But now we’re friends.
4. My eyebrows – they’re thick and shapely.
5. My eye color – hazel with gold specs and a thick rim of dark blue. Who knows how that happened?

Phew, that was tough. But a VERY good project. Great idea on this one.

ragemichelle February 29, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Your eyes sound stunning!

I’m kinda with you on the hair. I fought it my whole life..other than the eighties when it was permed and huge. Now? i discovered the flat iron and we’re friends.

Cheryl February 29, 2012 at 3:35 pm

OK, I thought this was going to be horribly impossible, but thanks to all your other posters reminding me of things I like about myself, I might come out of this unscathed. OK, here goes:

1. My Tattoos because, duh, I got to choose them and have them done the way I like.

2. My eyes. They are hazel and I have always loved the color. When I am upset or angry or emotional in any way they turn green.

3. The arch of my feet and the fact that they are relatively free of callouses and cracks, etc. I have a love/hate relationship with my actual toes, but overall I think I love them more than hate them.

4. My calves. Right now they have an extra winter coat, but the muscles are nicely developed and I like that.

5. My wrists. I’ve always been able to wrap my fingers all the way around them, even my pinky finger touches my thumb when I try this. One of them has a small scar I got as a teenager making homemade candy with my mom. It’s not totally obvious, but I know it’s there and it reminds me of a good time in my life.

Phew! I made it!

Cheryl

ragemichelle February 29, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Feels kinda good, doesn’t it?

The Wench February 29, 2012 at 8:49 pm

OK I will play too.
1. My hair… it is long and pretty.
2. My legs. I have run my legs into muscly rocks.
3. My ass. Guys love my ass and compliment me all the time. It isn’t even small, they just love it.
4. My feet. My ugly ass feet are my badge of honor. Hell yeah I run, just look at my beat up feet.

Thanks, Michelle. This was fun.

Michelle February 29, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I struggled. Not so much with MAKING the list..these are things I like about myself..but to actually SAY it was hard. My sisters and I were not raised to be self-complimentary. I’m still waiting for someone to come along and tell me how wrong I am and that my list is shit. :)

The Wench February 29, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Yep, I learned that too. Every compliment I got was rebuked by me. Now I just try to say “Thanks!” even when my crappy inner voice is yelling something else.

Diane F February 29, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Five things I love about my looks.

1. I love my legs. They’re long and lean and no matter how much weight I gain they stay thinner and look great in skirt!

2. My blues eyes. While they are a little on the smaller side I love them and they have aged well(no crows feet and I’m 38!!). I like the blue/green colour that they are.

3. My hair. I’ve finally grown it out for the first time in 38 years and it looks great! It’s kinda thin by nice and shiny. I love it! I dye it black so it goes well the 9 or so tattoos. :o )

4. My bone structure. I am tall so most people assume I am big boned(especially when more over weight). I always got, “It’s ok.. you’re just big boned.” Actually, no, I’m not. I have teeny tiny wrists and ankles. I love my frame very much. Once I get these last 25 lbs off Imma be rocking super model stature.

5. My lips. I like my lips. They’re not too pouty and not too thin. I think they are perfect and kissable!

Michelle February 29, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Awesome list! I LOVE reading people talking about how they look good. It makes me feel good.

Diane F February 29, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Frick! I need to proof read! LOL! Yeah, it’s nice to see positive self talk among women!

I borrowed this idea and did a journal post on it. I hope you don’t mind. I credited you and linked your blog as well if that’s ok. If it’s not let me know and I can change it. Thanks!

Michelle February 29, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Oh…I think that’s awesome! Feel free. Can you include the link so I can read it? Thanks!

Diane F February 29, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Sure! Please bare in mind that I am not really a blogger. It’s more a journal.. well it is a journal.

Tamara @ The Stretch Jean Incident February 29, 2012 at 8:53 pm

1. my curly hair. i used to loathe when i was younger and straightened it every day. now? i think it’s pretty bitchin’.

2. the gap between my 2 front teeth. another feature that i used to hate (even contemplated braces at one point) and now love because i’m older and wiser and not young and shallow. my smiles are so much more extraordinary now that i don’t try to hide it.

3. my wrists. i dunno. they’re just dainty and nice.

4. my butt. it’s taken a shitload of squats and running, but it’s finally getting that special lil’ lift and i can’t help but turn myself on when i look at my naked reflection in the mirror.

5. my jawline. just ’cause.

great post idea! it’s taken me a loooooooong time to appreciate a single feature of mine, let alone five, so it feels good to feel good about myself at this point in my life.

Michelle February 29, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Woo Hoo!!! This makes me happy!

I still have a long way to go…but i’m getting better. And reading all these wonderful comments just makes it easier to be more kind to myself.

Slinky February 29, 2012 at 8:56 pm

My eyes
They are quite dark, but they sparkle!

My tummy
I’ve had 2 kids and I have no stretch marks!

My tattoos
Each 1 has a meaning to me and represent a change in my life! I love them!

My dimple
It kind of makes me look innocent ;)

My
My nails are really strong and grow perfectly.

I consider myself to be extremly lucky, just to be alive and able bodied. So many people suffer in one way another. We should tell everyone what we find beautiful about them!

Michelle February 29, 2012 at 10:18 pm

You make an EXCELLENT point..we should spread this around.

And you’re right..it’s very important to remember to count your blessing..

Emily February 29, 2012 at 10:13 pm

1. My eyes- big, brown and right into my soul.
2. My butt (it’s bigger than I’d like, but it has killer shape)
3. My lips, not too full, not too think- rosy pink
4. My smile, genuine and pretty
5. My eyebrows – dark and thick – not quite Brooke Shields, but close.

Damn, that felt good.

Michelle February 29, 2012 at 10:19 pm

YES! It does feel good, doesn’t…it took me 49 years to say something nice about myself

I should have done this shit years ago.

Summer February 29, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Hmm… I’ll bite.

No particular order here, but…

1) I love my legs. They’re muscular, shapely and they bring all the boys to the yard. My legs earn me more compliments than any other physical feature. This sounds cocky as fuck, but sometimes when I’m feeling generous, I’ll intentionally wear a skirt and heels to work just to give the gentlemen folk a little something to look at during the day. And yes, I love to look at them when I walk past reflective glass.

2) Related to the above, I love my feet. They are tiny and have high arches and they fit beautifully into everything from sexy heels to cute little flats.

3) Umm… My teeth are ok. I have enough of an overbite to where you can’t really see my bottom teeth unless I’m intentionally smiling like a douche, but my top row is fairly fairly straight and white so I can’t really hate on ‘em. And yes, I still occasionally wear the retainers I got after my braces were removed 14-15 years ago. Keeps it real.

4) My fingernails. Genetics dealt me a friendly card when it comes to nails. They’re naturally bright white and get fairly long if I can leave them alone enough to avoid breakage. If I can manage to get all 10 of them relatively even and lengthy, people tend to ask if they’re fake.

5) I am reluctant to say my hair because it has a gross and awkward natural wave so I have to flat-iron it every single day, and it refuses to hold a curl so I can’t get very versatile with my styling, but all my life people have been envious of my hair color (darkish blonde with natural highlights). I’ve never dyed it and although I’ve thought about it for shits and giggles, I’m too paranoid of ruining it so I just leave it alone. It’s also as healthy as my nails, seemingly impervious to heat damage.

Great post, great idea!

Michelle February 29, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Oh man…I envy the nails and hair thingy. My nails are like paper…they’re always all raggedy..on my hands at least..my toenails are good.

I’ve made peace with my hair..mine has a natural wave that ends up making it look messy…Flat ironing helps..but no matter what I do, by mid morning I look like a little kid who forgot to brush her hair.. LA LA LA…

angela March 2, 2012 at 6:44 pm

My super long hair – I only love it when I’ve straightened it though, I have nasty waves that make it look half as short. It was straight until I had a baby and now it’s weird curly. But I love when it’s long and straight.

My eyes – they’re honey colored. It’s cool.

My big lips – For some reason I know lots of thin lipped people and they all wish they had lips like mine.

My legs that are full of muscles from running.

My ugly, big feet, because they may be nasty but I couldn’t run or do anything else that keeps me fit and sane without them.

ragemichelle March 2, 2012 at 6:59 pm

That’s weird that your hair changed. My feet grew a half size with each kid.

Wonder if you have another one if it will straighten out..or if you get a full on fro?

Shelley (@momma_oz) March 2, 2012 at 6:47 pm

My feet – I too LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my feet. I love wearing sandals and showing them off so it’s good that I’m in Texas where most of the year I can get away with flip flops… Absolutely my favorite part of me.

My Calves – defined from all the walking I do… strong… gorgeous.

My Rack – mostly because it balances out my ass… both are big and curvy and I embrace that… but it’s easier to love the rack than the ass.

My collar bones – ok, this is a latest love – perhaps mostly a Fling because it’s new and exciting to actually see them – but coupled with my neck I feel sexy when I see them unhidden from the “padding of protection” I’ve worn for WAYYY too long.

My hands – Long and slender fingers.. with nails that also grow long. My hands word Hella hard when I want them to – home repairs, car repairs, etc… but still look dainty and feminine. Yep. Love my hands.

Thanks for sharing this. Utter love.

ragemichelle March 7, 2012 at 11:37 am

You are quite the sexy mama!!! LOVE this list.

A_bre March 2, 2012 at 7:19 pm

1. Overall my skin is nice. My Aunt wrote me a letter when I was seventeen and told me how important lotion is. I use it all over, everyday because, she has great skin! I want my skin to be dewy like hers.
2. I have some pretty cute dimples on my cheeks. When I smile talk people usually compliment me right after meeting them. :)
3. I don’t have any wrinkles on my forhead. Even when I raise my eyebrows. I really like this.
4. My feet are ok. They took a beating as a child. You see, I hated shoes!!!
My pinky toenail…. well the half that grows, is a conversation starter when I go for a pedi. I like that :)
5. My eyes. Yeah yeah color is nice but what I really like is the way they see things. This world is beautiful, with so many wonderful things to see. You are right Aunt Michelle it is time to see the beauty with-in.

Michelle March 2, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Sweetness..that made me tear up a little..

of course, alcohol is a factor.

Your number 5? Do you know how much of your grams I hear in this?

XXOO Love you, baby…

A_bre March 2, 2012 at 10:01 pm

XOXO, Love you too!

SOB March 3, 2012 at 10:02 am

1.) I’m grateful for my skin. It keeps all of my bones, muscles, blood and all of that gooey stuff inside, where I’d rather have it.

2.) Legs and knees- Sure they tremble after duckwalking around a room a couple of times, then hurt for days afterwards, they do still let me stand up close to my full height, if I cuss them.

3.) Hair. It won’t be too awful long when my hair has fallen out completely. (Does that ever happen?) Less to maintain. I like it like that.

4.) My scars. There is a difference between tattoos and scars. I have a small set of scars that don’t add up to, guessing, 2-3 feet. They’re mostly hidden.

5.) The skin covering my skin bones is the same color as chopped liver. It comes from fighting a lot when I was younger;You often just raise your leg to take a kick on the shin instead of wherever else it was headed. It hurts like hell doing that but I believe doing that resulted in less pain. Never had my ass kicked. That may ne part of what’s wrong with me. :D

I can joke around. One of the things which really pleases me is that I started to lose weight, over a year ago, (two years?) when I weighed 245 pounds. Even at 6’2″ tall the BMI scales out there, although imperfect, showed me as obese. I didn’t want to be thought of as fat but I had the paunch. I don’t have much of a paunch today after holding 181-183 for a couple of years.

That’s an accomplishment but I want to hit 165, 15 steenkeen pounds. I’ve seen 178-180 on the scales but my weight stays right around the former 181-183. I know that I CAN weigh 165 because a year or so ago I did weigh that. Hint:Don’t celebrate a milestone with Brownie’s pizza. If the government knew how good that is they’d make it illegal.

I don’t have any, for real, things to be proud of regarding my appearance. Tom Selleck stole my mustache design but I don’t care. He’s made some fine movies and there’s Magnum P.I.

I just want to talk to a friend. There’s no one here, again so I talk to the pupper dogs. The words they understand slowly grows, plus, they’re like portable space heaters.

Rage on, Michelle, you’ve taken a break now *cough cough* get yer’ ass back in gear. I KNOW you had a hard time of it and I wish that I could help. Watch the calories. They’re the big culprit not doing your treadmill and elliptisuck aren’t. Eat less calories then your body requires, and it’s mathematically impossible not to lose weight.

I like you how you are but if you don’t like how you look simply put your extraordinary brain power to work, with the math, and drop the weight. Sixty-five pounds weight loss shows me that it can be done and then you too can stick it in someone elses face that you lost and are holding a weigh loss of X number of pounds. I ain’t got a lot going for me but I lost the damn weight. How many turkeys would 65#s be. I’ll have to look.

You’ll be alright. The reality is that you already are alright. Things could be a hell of a lot worse. They have been. That was a pile of yesterday. Today is different. *insert pat on the back here*.

ragemichelle March 3, 2012 at 10:14 am

Ron..I needed to hear all that. You can be quite inspiring and I appreciate it so much.

and great list!

SOB March 3, 2012 at 10:06 am

I know my dates are off. It’s that medically induced dementia thing. Sucks.

My weights are accurate.

ragemichelle March 3, 2012 at 10:14 am

date accuracy is overrated

Ara March 4, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I am impressed. I’ve written down this idea for a blog post and while I was reading your blog post I was trying to come up with 5 things I like about my appearance. So far I can only come up with one. How sad is that? I need to figure it out. Thanks for posting this Michelle.

ragemichelle March 5, 2012 at 7:50 am

You can come up with four more! I know you can.

Jenny March 7, 2012 at 11:09 am

First, your list made me tear a little. I, too, have a big nasty scar right smack in the middle of my forehead from smashing my head open when I was a kid. I have been embarrassed by it my entire life. I’m 37 and I still wear bangs to hide it even.
Thank you for giving me another way to look at it…

My list:
My eyes
My smile – my lips & teeth are perfect
My boobs
My fingernails – does that count? lol They are natural and come in beautifully. I love them.
My shape – While I’m not my ideal size, I have a nice hourglass figure

Michelle March 7, 2012 at 11:34 am

Yes! Fingernails count! And I’m glad I could help you see your scar differently. I’ve grown to love mine. except when it itches.

starfleetmom March 13, 2012 at 1:50 am

1.I have a nice smile with pearly white teeth.
2.I’m in a pretty good hair period of my life right now…I usually hate it, but my eldest is now a hairdresser and fixed me up
3. i have knockout legs. granted, i balance a barrel-shaped body on them, making them look like chopsticks, but if you just look ONLY at my legs (and blur your eyes so you miss the scars) they are SEXY.
4. My clit. it makes me happy
5. oh shit i can’t think of 5. even #4 was a stretch…

ragemichelle March 13, 2012 at 7:06 am

I guess we can count each of your legs as a single item?

Ha, your clit. That’s awesome. I need to add that to my list.

Errr…MINE..not YOURS.

Katie H March 14, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Hello! I did an entry on this and linked to your blog, so people could see where I got it from. I hope you don’t mind. Love your stuff! xoxo

Michelle March 14, 2012 at 6:30 pm

That’s awesome! Thank you!!