Practicing What I Preach

by Michelle on August 14, 2011

I have been at this blogging business since October 2010. One thing I’ve tried to convey is the importance of self-acceptance. Love yourself no matter where you are at in your journey. Carry yourself with pride and celebrate your beauty every day.

With that being said, I’ve not posted pictures of myself.

I don’ t like seeing pictures of myself. And I am definitely NOT practicing what I preach.

The thing is, when I look in a mirror, mostly, I really like what I see. Then I see a picture and I say, where am I again? And who is that fat girl?

I’m fourteen months late, but here we go. Here is my before picture:

This photo was taken last night (August 13). Randy and I got all dressed up to go to one of my pseudo kid’s wedding. I figured if I was going to do a before picture, I might as well get a little more mileage out of the hair that I paid someone to put up for me.

Because I am so proud of my husband, here we are together. This is after a 117 lb weight loss for him:

Oh..and since this IS Rage Your Way Thin, I need an angry face, right?

It MIGHT be because I had quite a few glasses of whiskey on the rocks last night, but I’m feeling queasy right now. I am so self-conscious about putting my big bad self out there for people to see.

My after pictures? Well…I would like to post a completely new set next February. My birthday present to myself will be pictures of me that I will feel better about.  I want this to be true even if I don’t lose another ounce.

Oh. Wait. I DO have an after picture. It’s not the traditional after picture. This is the after drinking ALL night and then taking the bobby pins out and letting my hair down after the wedding. I think I’ll title this one the Wild Woman of Borneo.

Suzanne @WorkoutNirvana August 14, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I think the Wild Woman of Borneo is one hella sexy mama. And you look stunning in your wedding guest attire. You did it- you posted pics. You know how much I admire this… Honestly, this was a big hurdle so the rest? Cake :)

ragemichelle August 14, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Yeah..I’m still not overly comfortable with it…But I am getting better.

I was so trashed in that picture. I remember him taking the pictures..but just kinda.

Girlwithnoname (Jackie) August 14, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Woman #1 is not who I expected. Woman #2 (‘after’) is!!

:-)

you’re gorgeous either way tho, chicka.

ragemichelle August 14, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Ha! I look like the second picture waaaay more than the first one.

Kris @Krazy_Kris August 14, 2011 at 8:39 pm

BEAUTIFUL!
exactly how I pictured you – and your personality totally comes through – yay!

ragemichelle August 14, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Thanks, Kris. I really had way too much fun last night..I’ve been a slug all day today..

ndem August 14, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Ya michelle!!!!!!!I’m so proud of you.posting pics is hard for a lot of people.I post them to motivate myself.in december I will show you my before and after.keep training hard and being the amazing michelle that I have nothing but the highest respect for INSPIRING!!!!!!!!!

ragemichelle August 14, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Thank you, Ndem. It really was difficult to post these pictures. Two ways my mother and I are alike..we both look younger than our actual age and we do NOT photograph well.. :)

Thanks for your kind comments. I am getting more and more into the training. I don’t even have to force myself to continue anymore. I’m actually starting to look forward to it..

Joanna August 15, 2011 at 6:46 am

I think the pictures are beautiful!!! I had to reread it when you wrote “before” pics… you look GREAT!!

I really like the last pic, too…there’s something about a woman with crazy wild hair that can be very attractive.

Kuddos for taking this step. I know it’s hard – but you have nothing to feel nervous about… you are stunning!!

ragemichelle August 15, 2011 at 9:21 am

Thank you! My before picture is really a ‘middle’ picture. I just put it off for a long time..

I’m getting better at this. :)

Lisa August 15, 2011 at 10:29 am

WOW, AWESOME. I am so inspired by you and I love your wild woman pix. :-) You look gorgeous!
I need to start on this path, and post my picture NOW in the hope that it will become my “Before”…
THANK YOU so much for sharing, you have no idea how much it means to me. Yes, I’m your latest stalker, I love to read all of your posts, and more than once. Your words echo my repressed feelings.
NEVER STOP SHARING PLEASE!

ragemichelle August 15, 2011 at 12:46 pm

wow..i have a huge girl crush on you right now. Thank you!!

Sarah S. August 15, 2011 at 7:47 pm

I think you look lovely in your “middle” picture! I’m excited to see the final after picture. I hope I look as good as you in the middle!

Michelle August 15, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Thank you so much!! I’m sure you will look lovely. I think that is what I’m trying to learn to do..appreciate myself in the moment. Well..pictures of myself. I’ve NEVER enjoyed seeing pictures of myself.

Lisa August 15, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I love your hair! So pretty!

Michelle August 15, 2011 at 8:58 pm

David (Keep it up, David) August 16, 2011 at 8:56 pm

LOVE being able to match a face to a name, Michelle! Now I can picture you when you make me laugh on Twitter. Keep it up!

Michelle August 16, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Thank you, David! This wasn’t easy for me..

Mike Badger (@Used2b500Pounds) August 16, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Great pics. Love that you are out of hiding.

Michelle August 16, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Thank you! Now, I just need to be able to put pictures up without cringing…I still have some work to do…

Cheryl August 16, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Love seeing a beautiful face to go with the beautiful person you are on the inside! The wild woman photo is awesome. I wish I looked that good after letting my hair down. Your bravery is an inspiration. You go on wit yo badself.

ragemichelle August 17, 2011 at 7:02 am

Thank you, Cheryl! You should see me right now! I look better after a night of drinking with wild hair than I do after a rotten night’s sleep…that’s for sure. :)